• Terroir The grapes come from the vines planted on the plot of Herrenweg de Turckheim. The soils are composed of sand, shingle and slit with a lot of pebbles and plates of loess (comparable to the one in Graves). A great terroir that gives very aromatic and elegant wines.
• Grape Varieties 100% Pinot Gris
Age of the vines: 35 years old on average
• Winemaking Biodynamic production Manual harvest Low yields: 60hl/ha
The grapes are handpicked at maturity then pressed in a pneumatic press for 5 to 8 hours. The fermentation is done without any added yeasts and lasts between 1 and 4 months. The wine is aged either in 100 years old oak barrels or either in stainless vats.
• Tasting Notes "The 2009 vintage had low acidity because of a dry & hot summer, it gave structured and pulpy wines with a great balance. The nose reveals itself through aromas of fresh nuts, bread and brioche. The mouth is delicate and structured with a long fresh final. Ready to drink now or can age a few more years in the cellar."
• The anecdote Fromenteau is the old name of Pinot Gris in Ile De France (region of Paris in France), the wine has a deep terrestrial personnality. Its name alludes to the cereal fields (wheat translated froment in French) but also to the time of harvests and mother earth.