• Terroir South Corsica, in the valley of Taravo (near the prehistoric location of Filitosa), hillsides of the domaine at 100 metres of altitude with soils made of granitic arenas. 3,500 vines/hectare Double Cordon de Royat pruning
• Grape Varieties 100% Vermentino Age of the vines: 40 years old
Vermentino is a late-ripening white grape variety primarily found in Italian wines. This grape variety brings quality and personnality to white wines.
• Winemaking Biodynamic production since 2000 Manual harvest Low yields: 25hl/ha
The grapes are manually handpicked at maturity in the morning only and immediately pressed. The slow fermentation is done at 18 degrees and with no added yeasts. It takes place after a brief cold-soaking. The ageing is done in stainless vats and lasts 5 months.
13,000 bottles in total
• Tasting Notes "Golden color with straw colors reflections, the nose reveals itself through white flowers fragrances and a hint of aniseed. The complex mouth is fresh and elegant with a nutty touch. The long final has a great minerality. Definitely one of the greatest white wines of Corsica."
• The anecdote Jean-Charles Abbatucci named three of his wines (one white, one rosé and one red) after the birth of his daughter: Faustine.